DITL: Pregnant Edition, Part 1

25 Jan

I love looking at other blogger’s day in the life posts, so I thought I’d do one of my own. I think I’ve only ever seen people with babies or toddlers do them, but it might be cool to look back on my child-free days later and remember what it was like.

Alarm goes off at 6:00am. I snooze a few times until my husband gets up, then I lay in bed and play on my phone for a while.

I’m glad this photo is such poor quality because my morning face isn’t pretty. I check all my favorite apps: facebook, twitter, instagram, google reader, email, baby center, and what to expect when you’re expecting. Then I finally get my lazy bum out of bed, which today was at around 7:00am, much later than I’d like.

Usually I stare at my closet for too long trying to figure out what to wear, something that gets more challenging each day, but today I had my outfit planned out, so it was a quick process.

I usually shower at night, so my morning routine is pretty quick. I hate waking up early more than anything, so this is my coping mechanism: get up at late as possible and rush out of the house and fast as possible. Today, the toothpaste reminded me to do my kegels because of a silly analogy our childbirth teacher made in last week’s class. I’m supposed to do 100 kegels each day, but I rarely remember to do them.

I keep my makeup routine simple: mineral foundation, mascara, and chapstick. Sometimes I wear eye shadow and lipstick, but not everyday.

All ready!

Next I make my lunch (I’ve bought lunch at work once this school year, no time to go off campus for lunch).

My husband went to work early this morning so he could get off early for our perinatologist appointment that afternoon, but usually he leaves for work after me, so I don’t have to put the dogs out. Today, they got special dental treats from momma!

Breakfast was english muffin with jam and decaf vanilla tea. I eat it in the car on the way to work.

The car was all wet from the rain the day before, but no rain expected today. It takes me less than 10 minutes to get to work, which is awesome. I finally left at around 7:25am.

It took me less than 25 minutes from the time I got out of bed to the time I left the house. See what I mean about the quick routine?

3 Responses to “DITL: Pregnant Edition, Part 1”

  1. Jesica January 25, 2012 at 6:09 am #

    OMG totally wish I did thus before Londyn came. My routine is not as quick as yours but with him it takes me forever to leave and I’m no longer on time either!!
    Ps this post tool me 30 mins to read and respond to haha 😉

    • amyc83 January 25, 2012 at 11:18 am #

      I know my morning routine will drastically change once the baby comes! At least in the beginning I won’t have to be anywhere early in the morning, right?

  2. Michelle January 25, 2012 at 1:54 pm #

    I have the same routine when I wake up. Open my eyes, think about going back to sleep, but decide to check out all my social networking and news app’s. Once I’ve had my fill, then I’ll get up. LOL.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: